My Aspergers Child Headline Animator

Deal of the Day

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Bella's Chasing Her Tail Again

I never realized how lethal a dog's tail could be.  Lady Bella has a whip attached to her butt!  It is very funny to see a dog as big as my girl spinning in circles to catch her tail.  Since she has grown and the tail has also, all she needs to do now is turn her head slightly and take a chomp.  Unlike some dogs who chase their tails, Bella doesn't really have to work at it to get ahold of that thing.  She will wake up sometimes and her tail looks more appetizing than her tug toy so she puts it in her mouth and the race is on.  Once she has ahold, watch out. 

When she was smaller, I don't believe she realized the white tip is attached.  If she caught a glimpse of it she would growl and attack.  It was a foreign object that needed to be destroyed.  We were all very puzzled watching her when this occurred because the initial bite seemed quite painful but instead of saying to herself  "oh maybe I don't want to do that" she would growl and yelp taking a more vicious run at it.  She would sit there biting it repeatedly, showing this tail who was boss.  She has grown out of that finally. 

Now the tail is her first line of defense.  She uses it for evasive maneuvers while trying to avoid capture.  As mischievous as Bella is suffice it to say, she is in time out quite often.  She has learned by accident once she is in a spin, no one is brave enough to try and grab her.  The tail is no longer an enemy but her ally against the dreaded pen.  She does not like going in her pen anymore for any reason whatsoever.  I noticed today how deliberate this tail spin is.  She was chasing our cat Suzie today in an attempt to bite her tail too.  The cat does not like this game.  Of course I don't allow it  either which bothers Bella.  I was on the move to stop her which means we play "ring around the rosie" around the kitchen island until I catch Bella or I fall down when she screams by like a racecar with legs instead of wheels.  Today I got whipped like a ragdoll.  As she flew by, I grabbed for her collar and she went for her tail immediately going into a full tilt 360.  After being pulled off my feet and slammed into the side of the island she realized I'd let go and stopped the spin only to smack me right in the face with that tail!  OUCH...Talk about adding insult to injury. 

Keep in mind the reason for this matchup was to rescue the damn cat.  I stood up having decided the dog can do what she wants for the next five minutes until my head stops spinning.  I look up to see  Suzie sitting on the island watching this scene.  The cat is cleaning her paw and Bella comes over and licks her furry little face.  I wonder sometimes what those two are planning next.


No comments:

Post a Comment