My Aspergers Child Headline Animator

Deal of the Day

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How Much Do We Love our Bella???

Hello again friends.  This post is dedicated primarily to those of my readers who have a loving dog in their life who is like their kid.  A pup's love is as unconditional as a child's love.  No matter what kind of home they live in, how they are treated, or how many times they get put in "time out", a dog will always come for a treat, will always miss you when you're gone, and wait patiently by the door for you to come home.  My Bella can be a handful but today she reminded me of that unconditional love and how much of a child she is. 

Often times, I'm still figuring out how to plan my day since staying home with the kids.  Bella tries to give me ideas in her own little way.  This dog will drag a shirt out of the laundry basket which tells me I need to do a batch of clothes.  Bella will pull a coat off the back of a chair showing me it's time to go for a ride in the truck.  Other times, she will pull pillows and blankets off the couch letting me know they are in her way because she wants to lie down.  Today she was simply being a little kid..

I was cleaning up after breakfast and Bella was barking up a storm.  When I entered the living room, she was lying down on the couch under her blanket barking for no apparent reason.  I went over and asked her what was the matter.  I knew she'd had her treat, gone out to do her business, and she had already played with her tennis ball.  I sat down next to her and rubbed her head asking "What's the matter my girl?"  She stretched out, laid across my lap and promptly went to sleep.  She just wanted me to be with her for her nap. I just sat there patting her head and talking to her quietly about what a good dog she was.  I stayed with her for about half an hour and then decided it was time to get back to my daily task list.

While I was sitting there I found myself thinking of when my son was small.  We used to sit and cuddle on the couch and I would tell him how proud I was of him, what a good boy he was, etc.  Sitting with Bella today was like sharing a special moment with your kids.  My son Sean turned 15 today and I was thinking about how fast he's growing up and how much he's "grown" away from mommy now that he's a teenager.  I guess I was missing those times.  Bella knew just what to do to make mommy feel better.  Sometimes a dog just knows when a parent needs to be reminded of their child's unconditional love.
 
Thanks for reading...come back soon :)




No comments:

Post a Comment