My Aspergers Child Headline Animator

Deal of the Day

Sunday, February 12, 2012

What Happened to my Whacky DOG!!!

My poor Bella has not had a very pleasant time of it the past week or so.  First the Pats gave away the Superbowl; Can we say "How do Gronkowski, Welker and Branch all drop the ball in the same game?"  Oh well, there is always next year right.  To make matters worse I never did get my hands on a Giants Jersey for Bella to chew up during the game but she kept herself busy chewing on a pair of slippers in our room away from our guests. And no they weren't my Pink Pig Slippers  "Thanks to all who came to our Superbowl Party"  I thought it was a smash and boy was I SMASHED!!!  Anyway back to the topic of this entry.  Our home has been Sick People Central

First Brianna was not feeling well and as four year olds do, sneezing and coughing all over everyone.  Most of the time she uses her manners but after being up night after night the poor kid's arm was probably tired from covering her mouth.  Matthew came down with her symptoms next, then Sean, and last of all Me.  Bella has been mommy's nurse for four days now.  This pup has not left my side.  She hasn't gotten much sleep due to my coughing and sneezing, moaning and complaining (I do not take being sick well). She has finally starting whining a bit herself but has been quite a good little trooper up to this point.  I noticed every time I cough or clear my throat the dog has begun rolling her eyes.  She's thinking "Enough is enough already". 

She's really been on her best behavior.  The only inanimate and inedible objects she's eaten lately are one of her chew toys; which according to Petco is safe for her to ingest, a small piece of one of her many blankets she drags around to her nap stations periodically, and she did get one of Brianna's socks because I couldnt' get off the couch quick enough to grab it.  I swear I saw a smile on that dog's face as I tried miserably to lift my head off the pillow and command she drop the sock.  She devoured it not even 4 feet in front of me and I could not do a thing about it.  Besides that, chasing and biting the cat has been at a rare minimum.  The daring dane has only gotten up to inspect the food on the counter a couple times in the past few days.  I'm assuming dry toast is not appealing to her.  Barking at every little thing has stopped because she can't figure out why I shriek in agony and bury my head under the couch pillows when she barks lately.  She cocks her head sideways and looks at me wondering why there are tears streaming from my bloodshot eyes.  It's because my ears are ready to burst and the migraine or sinus pain is unbearable with a whisper; nevermind a deep bark that can wake the dead!!!   Over the past couple of days she has resorted to lying next to me and putting a paw on top of my head as if to remind me I cannot simply die.  I need to get up and put ice cubes in her dish or fill her food bowl.  She is actually prancing in front of the front door to go out and do her business rather than bark in my face.  It's definitely a plus from pre-illness.  More than once, I mistook her need to urinate as a prelude to tearing my throat out.  Needless to say she never would but when nature calls, the Devil Dog is Alive!!!




This being sick thing may be good afterall.  Maybe I can trick Bella into continuing her moderately good behavior for a bit longer while I recover from my tuberculosis like symptoms!!!!!  (They say its allergies not the flu  HAA!!!)  Then again, I kinda miss not knowing what the big girl is going to do next.  The kids are actually asking what I did to the dog?  I think they are afraid I may do something similar to them?  Not really sure but while I convalesce I will enjoy the normalcy of my whacky loveable dog.  I just fear retribution is going to be hell.  Then again, it will just give me more to write about.  OK, time to go take more meds!!!!!!!!!   If any of you have similar experiences with your whacky loveable pups send me a comment.  Be back with you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment